To become a follower to Darlene's blog, click on the "follow" tab at the very bottom of the screen.

Thursday, May 15, 2014

READING AND WRITING -

Four weeks in a hospital without my computer can make a dent in productivity. (It did do a lot of good for my health.)

I wrote a few devotionals for my women of the Bible assignment and a few poems. And got an extension on the book due on May 15th.

Missing a deadline because I was in the hospital (for the fifth time in two years), I did a certain amount of soul-searching. Was it time to "retire,"  to stop writing?

 I quickly decided no. Writing gives me pleasure and purpose. But I do need to scale back. So the next time I'm sidelined, it doesn't create a domino effect. And after working so long to reach this point, it's discouraging. :(  So your prayers still appreciated.  And for clarity as to "which" stories I want to write!

 But four weeks with only puzzle books, ebooks, and the Game Show Network for entertainment, can lead to a lot of books read.  Here's the list, with a few comments.

Dante Connection by Estelle Ryan. A mystery that I found quite confusion. Not one I care to read again.

A collection called First Kisses, six contemporary and historical romances featuring memorable first kisses. I am nearly finished with the last story, by Lacy Williams, and I am proud to say that I most enjoyed the stories by our Oklahoma authors: Linda Goodnight's Rambler's Bride, Margaret Daley's Deadly Hunt, and Lacy's story, Kissed by a Cowboy.  Also in the collection:
Lovebirds at the Heartbreak Café by Janet Tronstad
Her Mule Hollow Cowboy by Debra Clopton
Necessary Proof  by Camy Tang

I alternated romances with 12 mysteries in the collection, Deadly Dozen. So far I've read:

Don't Know Jack by Diane Capri
Cry Wolf by J. Carson Black
Night Widow by Carol Davis Lice

I also finished a novel about wreckers on Fire Island, NY, in preparation for a book proposal I'm considering: Fire Island by John Stevens.

No comments: