To become a follower to Darlene's blog, click on the "follow" tab at the very bottom of the screen.

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

NEW POETRY March 6-April 5, 2014

Prompt: Explore the connection between color and emotion. The old song "My World is Blue" came to mind.


MY WORLD IS BLUE

In winter-time, earth and sky lend ice
Not enough hours to entice
Blue when weather’s vice
Gives white prize
Chill

Equinox pours blue to each day’s slice
Teasing us with spring’s advice
Sky and field, so nice
So precise
Skill

Heaven is gold with rainbow’s allspice
Azures, sapphires, beyond price
Only sacrifice
Paradise
‘Til


Form: Second Chances: first 3 lines of a previous poem

ON PAROLE

Sentenced to life without Jolene

Jailed by grief

Key drowned in my sea of tears

Waves subside but black walls encompass me

Alone in the dark, my fingers fumble for light

God drills a pinpoint in my prison

Illuminating life around me

Within me

Do I dare?

Snatch the key, crack the door

On probation

No comments: