To become a follower to Darlene's blog, click on the "follow" tab at the very bottom of the screen.

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Giddy Gladness

In the weeks since the anniversary of Jolene's death, I have often felt happy, almost hilariously happy and giddy. Today I ran across a verse in Jeremiah that ascribes the joy I've felt as a product of God's great love.

Jeremiah 31:3 states "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness." Later in the chapter, in verse 13, it states "Then maidens will dance and be glad, young men and old as well"--versions of my silly shower songs--"I will tun their mourning into gladness; I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow."

Thank You, Father, for giving me gladness, comfort and joy in place of the sorrow that weighed me down. Let me turn the memories of Jolene into moments of praise and not despair.

In the words of this month's praise song at church (The Blessing by John Waller): "Let it be said of us that we lived to be a blessing for life."

No comments: