To become a follower to Darlene's blog, click on the "follow" tab at the very bottom of the screen.

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Encouragement from Caleb

Today, on Senior Appreciation Day at our church (I don't yet qualify by almost a decade), the guest speaker preached a sermon aimed straight at my needs. Isn't God great!

From Joshua 14, he shared how Caleb boldly stated that "I am as strong now as I was when Moses sent me"--forty-five years later, at the age of 85. He demanded "give me this mountain!"

Exactly how I'm feeling. "Give me my dream!"

Over the last few days, I had realized that I didn't fear being rejected (a real possibility). My fear focused on having my dreams crushed. And since I definitely can't realize my dream of writing full time if I don't risk rejection--I went ahead and sent the proposal on.

Today God didn't promise that I would get the contract (He'll let me know through ordinary channels)--but He did assure me that He was pleased with me. That I had acted in obedience and faith.

Pleasing that audience of One is all I needed.

No comments: