To become a follower to Darlene's blog, click on the "follow" tab at the very bottom of the screen.

Monday, March 23, 2009

One Big Happy Family

What can I say about the folks at my church? They are simply awesome.

I asked one lady to join me for dinner on Tuesday night. She, in turn, invited several others. I ended up reminiscing with seven wonderful women. Talking about Jolene and Mom, about childhood and forgiveness, about moving on. Thank you for joining me.

I wore a red flowered blouse to church yesterday for the sole reason it was all I had left to wear. I received half a dozen compliments on how good I looked. (Thank you, again!) I like red, it's such a cheerful color, but I think it was more than outward appearance. I threw myself into the worship, into singing and smiling and lifting up the Lord. And I like to think that came through.

Jolene's poem appeared Friday by mistake (I thought I had scheduled it for posting at a later date.) I have taken to working through Jolene's things while I'm watching television at night. I am discovering notebooks, journals, scraps of paper, full of her writing. I will be sharing it with you once a week for now. My hope is that you will get to know my precious girl through her own words.

I can sing and smile. Read Jolene's poems without crying. A big thanks to my extended church family for standing by me each step of the way.

Note: I am speaking about Writing Devotionals at Words for the Journey Christian Writers Guild, Rocky Mountain Chapter, tomorrow morning at 9:30. Hoping to see some of you there!

P.S. One comment mentioned an interest in blogs about writing. As you probably can guess, writing is one of my passions, and I would love to share some of the agony, joys, and tips I have garnered along the way. Anyone else out there interested? Please comment to say so, and I might add a day's blog devoted just to writing.

7 comments:

Susan Page Davis said...

Hard to believe a year has passed. I'm so glad you are able to enjoy a red flowered blouse and spring and Jolene's poems. It's hard to move on sometimes, but joy is still out there waiting to ambush you! Love you!

Eileen Key said...

A year? Wow. God's poured so much into you~ please share your writing, experiences, goods, bads, ideas. Just share!

Tami said...

So glad you were able to enjoy worship this week...and that God is giving you the peace you so richly deserve! :)
I'm still totally interested in hearing more about your writing. I checked out that conference and am trying to figure out a way to make a go of it this year. We'll see. ;)

Frances said...

You painted a beautiful picture, your worship service, your red blouse, your friends. I love the post. And I love that you are experiencing healing.

Blessings,
Frances

Ruthie said...

Yes, share tips on writing. That would be amazing! You are such a talented writer.
Smiles.

Barbara said...

Yes, Darlene. Please do some blogging about writing!

Grateful Grammy

Jan Parrish said...

I love red as well. Sometimes I wear it just to cheer myself up.

Looking forward to hearing you speak tomorrow.