Hello, from Susan Page Davis.
Spyglass Lane is giving away 12 cozy mysteries in their Christian mystery e-book line, including one of the Mainely Mysteries series I wrote with my daughter Megan.
I’ve loved cozy mysteries since I was a child, and one of my favorite series then was Trixie Belden. Trixie’s adventures wowed me then, and I read them all. Later, I rediscovered them in reprints—and several new titles that had been added by the publisher—and read them to my children. There are 39 books total. Of course, some stand out in my memory. I love horses, so ones where Trixie and her friend Honey do a lot of riding were among my favorites.
The first Trixie book that was set at Christmas time was Mystery in Arizona, the sixth in the series. Trixie and her friend Honey, along with their brothers and their friend Diana, got to spend the holidays at Diana’s uncle’s ranch in Arizona. Wow! Growing up in Maine, it was hard for me to imagine either taking a trip like that or having an uncle rich enough and generous enough to finance it!
Poor Trixie, that sandy-haired kid from Sleepyside, N.Y., had to study hard during vacation, as her grades had slipped. But she still managed to help out with chores on the ranch, learn about a new-to-her culture, and solve a mystery.
I loved learning with the kids in the book about the Mexican Christmas customs. I had never been outside Maine the first time I read this book, and to me, Arizona might as well have been on another planet. As an adult, I’ve visited that gorgeous state a couple of times, and finally was able to see the beauty that Trixie saw.
If you’d like to enter the contest to win a free e-book cozy mystery, follow the instructions below. You can also enter my drawing for traditional printed books and e-books on my website at: www.susanpagedavis.com. At the end of each month, I draw several winners who can choose their prize from among all my book titles. Use the painless contest form on the left side of my home page for that drawing.
’Tis the season for a great whodunnit!
If you love cozies as much as we do, then you’re in for a holiday treat! From December 12 – 23, we’re giving away one cozy mystery EVERY DAY!
So light the fireplace and grab a cup of hot cocoa, because you just may have a free cozy mystery coming your way!
HOW TO ENTER
There are two ways to enter:
2. Tweet about Spyglass Lane mysteries. Simply Tweet about the giveaway or one of your favorite Spyglass Lane Mysteries or authors and include the #12CoziesofChristmas hashtag along with thewww.spyglasslanemysteries.com link. You may Tweet as many times as you want each day! Only Tweets sent out the day of the giveaway will be considered for that day’s drawing.
Follow us on the Spyglass Lane blog, Twitter @SpyglassMystery or Facebook for the latest info on the 12 Cozies of Christmas giveaway! Each day, we’ll reveal which Spyglass Lane cozy mystery we’ll be giving away.
1. Each day, we will reveal which Spyglass Lane mystery will be given away that day
2. A “giveaway day” runs from 12AM EST to 11:59PM EST.
3. There will be one winner per day
4. Winners will be announced the following morning
5. A Pinboard (see rules above) counts as one entry each day of the giveaway. Tweets (see rules above) only apply to the day in which they were originally Tweeted. For example, if you send 10 Tweets on Thursday the 13th, you will be entered 10 times in that day’s drawing. But those Tweets will not apply to the next day’s drawing.
6. Winners will be chosen via Randomizer.org, with Tweets and Pinboards each assigned a unique number
7. Winners will be announced via our blog, Twitter @SpyglassMystery or Facebook. Winners will be contacted via email or social media. If a winner does not hear from Spyglass Lane, they may contact us at SpyglassLaneMysteries (at) gmail (dot) com.
8. Winners will receive their prize in the form of a Smashwords coupon that they can redeem at Smashwords.com. Smashwords accommodates all ereader devices, though it may require the device to be directly connected to a computer for proper download.
9. The same person may win more than once!
10. There is no entry limit
11. Participants are expected to play nice! Inappropriate behavior (including but not limited to foul language, bullying, trolling, arguing) will not be tolerated and Spyglass Lane reserves the right to exclude such people from these and future giveaways