To become a follower to Darlene's blog, click on the "follow" tab at the very bottom of the screen.

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Surgery Postponed

I spent an anxious four days waiting for the results of Friday's stress test. The verdict? I have to delay my knee surgery. The test indicates possible blockage to my heart, so I am having an angiogram on Friday. They will do an angioplasty (repairing the narrowed arteries) if needed at the same time.

I will still have the knee surgery ... eventually. Mom is still scheduled for a heart valve replacement on Monday. The closer Monday approaches, the more nervous she becomes. Tonight she looked at the pictures of Jolene we have displayed, and broke into sobs. She keeps saying, "I'm not ready to join her yet. I want to stay here with you." She is seriously scared.

Pray for healing and for peace through these days. Pray that we will finish what must be done, and let go of the rest.

Even my ex-husband is praying for us. God's people are surrounding us with prayer. It means more than you know!


Ruthie said...

I will definately be praying for your mom - and for you - as all this approaches. I hope she can remember she is in God's care and she can just rest in Him and His care for her. But, I'm sure it's hard with so much in her plate right now.

Hugs. Ruthie

Kay Day said...

Praying for you and your mom.