To become a follower to Darlene's blog, click on the "follow" tab at the very bottom of the screen.

Monday, September 22, 2008

Singing in the Shadows

What a year this has been. Grief still weighs down Mom and me, and now we both face surgery (more about that later). So when God brought the following verses to my attention today, it spoke to me.

Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings. My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me. (Psalm 63:7-8)

Bottom line through everything: God is my help. My soul does cling to Him in a new, desperate, childlike way, the rock in my storm. In Him, because of Him, I can still sing. From the shadow of His wings where He shelters me.

Music speaks to my inmost being. It always has; I felt called to a music ministry at the age of ten, and all these years later, involvement in church music still fulfills me in a way nothing else does.

So I will sing in the shadow of God's wings. I will sing of my Redeemer, who is my hope. My assurance of things to come, the hands that hold me.

Join me in that song.

3 comments:

Lynette Sowell said...

Thinking of you...Lynette

Mary Connealy said...

Hi, Darlene, sorry I haven't been by in a while. I've been here and there when I should be home working. :)
I wish you'd have been there at ACFW. Next year for sure. It's in Denver so start planning.
Thinking of you. I heard about the delay in the surgury. Sorry.

God bless you.

Maggie Brendan said...

Hi, Darlene. I can't imagine the grief of losing a child. The Holy Spirit comforts us in ways that we can't explain. I'm sorry for your loss.