To become a follower to Darlene's blog, click on the "follow" tab at the very bottom of the screen.

Sunday, May 19, 2013

HAVE YOU FINISHED YOUR BOOK and other questions

Many people know I'm a writer.  So the question they ask me (instead of "how are you?") is, "Have you finished your book?"

Hmm . . . in the words of my friend Cindy Hickey . . . "Which one?" Since I arrived in the nursing home last July, I turned in two books in August, one in October, one in December, one in February, one in May, and I'm closing in on my June 1st deadline.  It's been an extremely busy year, God's blessing in spite of my physical ailments.  (For a look inside my internal battle this month, check out http://www.novelrocket.com/2013/05/why-did-i-quit-my-day-job.html, "Why did I quit my day job?" 

I have a box in the right column called "What I'm writing," broken into the four category my friend Janice Thompson pointed out: proposing, writing, editing, marketing. If you ever wonder what is involved in being a full time writer, check it out.

May 2013 is a month to celebrate: I have three new releases.  So I will give the pics, blurbs, and descriptions below.  Check them out, and hopefully buy one. 


Barncastle Memorial is my first venture into self-publishing an ebook. It is novella #7 in the Celebrate Any Time series, begun with Christmas at Barncastle Inn. My co-authors are Lynette Sowell (Springs Comes to Barncastle Inn), Susan Page Davis (Revolution at Barncastle Inn) and Janelle Mowery, who is writing a wild-west themed story for Father's Day.

Barncastle Memorial is, obviously, centered around Memorial Day and a tribute to our veterans, past and present. It's available only in ebook form for purchase for $.99 at http://amzn.to/17PCnj2  ASIN: B00CKVD5B8  



Hidden Dreams starts a new historical romance series in Maple Notch, Vermont. It is my first book with the new owners of the Heartsong bookclub, Love Inspired.  Hidden Dreams brings the Tuttle family into the early 20th century, when Wallace Tuttle must rescue Mary Anne from an accident--and the mob.
It's available for purchase at http://amzn.to/10GmZNl ISBN-13: 978-0373486564


Texas Brides is a novella anthology that include nine stories by seven of Christian fiction's best authors. It is a compilation of two earlier anthologies featuring Texas Rangers and a family of outlaws. My story, Angel in Disguise, is a Christian take on the Robin Hood myth. 
It's available for purchase at http://amzn.to/10GnlUq  ISBN-13: 978-1620294635


Also available for $.99 this month only (electronic format) is Knight Music, my contemporary romance on the Colorado plains where art thief meets artist.  
It's available for purchase at http://amzn.to/17PFJm7 ISBN-13: 978-1616265311

Other highlights of the month: I had a "happily editor after" appointment with Emily Rodmell, editor of Love Inspired Historical, and she wants a complete proposal from me. Kathy Davis at Heartsong asked for a title change on the book I'm writing, so that has become Homefront Dreams. (Yes, it's book 3 in the series starting with Hidden Dreams.) 


1 comment:

Jennifer said...

You are one busy lady :)