To become a follower to Darlene's blog, click on the "follow" tab at the very bottom of the screen.

Sunday, June 2, 2013

BOOKS, BEDREST AND TORNADOS

I apologize for missing last week. I was on assigned bedrest and it just plain slipped my mind. (It's not as bad as it sounds. I have to get pressure off a sore in a sensitive spot. I still can work at my table, just not as easily.)

Not to mention tornado central - they have evacuated all the resident to the dining room three times in the past two weeks. Nothing struck here. My son lives in Moore, which has had two tornados touch down and wrought such devastation. My dil's extended family spent the storms in the storm shelter under her grandmother's property and are safe. Her sister, however, lost her home (90% demolished). And of course they know several people who lost someone close to them. Your continued prayers are appreciated.

Today I will continue to toot my own horn: My book, Calico Brides, released on June 1st. I wrote all four novellas in this anthology While sowing good deeds, four Kansas women reap romance. Gladys Polson helps a crotchety widower. Annie Bliss knits for soldiers. Birdie Landry sews dresses for saloon girls looking for a career change. Schoolteacher Ruth Fairfield takes on three orphan children and their new guardian. How will God stitch love into their lives? Available at http://amzn.to/1aRBm7c



My ebook titles available for 99 cents this month (all of them listed at http://amzn.to/15tcja7
   
 Barncastle Memorial
     Knight Music
     Prodigal Patriot

Speaking of books, it's been very gratifying to see my books popping up on ads for Facebook game applications!

And to end, here is a review of Blowing on Dandelions by Miralee Ferrell, which was a wonderful read that made me want to laugh and cry at the same time.

Blowing on Dandelions is a gentle love story between a man (Micah Jacobs) whose faith is shattered at the losses (wife, business) life has thrown at him and a woman (Katherine Galloway) who withers under her mother’s critical tongue. 
The romance is authentic, sweet, and well-paced, but the heart of the story is the relationship between Katherine and her mother. There are no easy answers to “why?” and no instant changes, but the promise of love and communication that will allow them to grow together.
For anyone who has ever felt she must be perfect to satisfy her mother—for everyone who has questioned God during trials—Blowing on Dandelions is for you.

No comments: