To become a follower to Darlene's blog, click on the "follow" tab at the very bottom of the screen.

Monday, July 27, 2009

A WEEK'S JOURNEY

So much has happened this past week ... if I concentrate on one thing, I will overlook other things. So I will do this in more or less chronological order.

Monday: Mondays seem to be a struggle to get back into a writing routine. Saturday I work as needed, Sundays I take off. Mondays it's nose-back-to-the-grindstone time and I just take a long time getting anywhere. But eventually I did. And shared supper with Jaran & his family at the restaurant where he works.
Tuesday: Met my writing goals (yay!).
Wednesday: Managed writing goals, Jaran came by, went to choir at night.
Thursday: Here's where things got interesting. Long-distance phone call from a Denver friend. Looked for my retirement check, which was supposed to be delivered by the 23rd. No sign of it. Found out my novella Dressed in Scarlet is a finalist in the ACFW Book of the Year (BOTY) contest! Too excited to do any more writing, so I went out to celebrate. Saw Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.
Friday: Found out the check had been delivered to the office at my apartment on Tuesday! Aargh. At last deposited. Yay! Spent the afternoon taking care of Jordan and evening out for supper with family.
Saturday: Attended the OKC chapter of ACFW for the first time. New friends!
Sunday morning: Tried to join local church. Ran into a big snag; they're saying I should be baptized again, I disagree strongly. Very upset.
Sunday afternoon: Shelley (dil) invited me over for a home-made "greasy Mexican fiesta." We gobbled it down ... all of us going back for 2nds. Wonderful afternoon with the older girls, who made my day by telling me they didn't want me to go home. They joked about how they would sleep in Jordan's crib and I could have one of their beds. :) Day ended as well as it had started out poorly.

I have visited Mom almost every day. After last Sunday's discouraging visit, this week she has remembered small things, like the Bible book I'm studying with a friend and the soon-to-be-released movie of our favorite book of all time (after the Bible): The Time Traveler's Wife.

Many more ups than downs ... but please pray with me that I'll have wisdom about the church situation.

2 comments:

Ruthie said...

Nice to read about your week. Will be praying about the church situation.
Glad you're having a good time with your family there.
Hugs to you. Ruthie

Patti Shene said...

Darlene, I wondered if you were all moved yet. Sounds like you are settling in.

Here's a HUGE congratulations on your finalist status for BOTY! Wahoo! You go girl! I'm so proud of you.

It was wonderful to see you at CCWC. I enjoyed your Examiner article. I'm thinking of writing for them, but don't live anywhere near a big city, so not sure it they would be interested in hearing from a writer from the stix!

Take care sweetie.

Love ya!