To become a follower to Darlene's blog, click on the "follow" tab at the very bottom of the screen.

Monday, July 13, 2009

Sunday, Sunday

At 8 o'clock yesterday morning, I tried to brush the sleepies out of my eyes and convince myself to get into the shower so I could get to Sunday School on time. (Those of you from ARBC will laugh. You know how rarely I made it to 9 a.m. Sunday school. But weekends are no longer my only chance to sleep.)

I'm so glad I went.

Last week I visited a megachurch here in Oklahoma City. The services were great, and they responded with 4 contacts during the week. But I had missed that personal touch during Sunday school--no one took the time to talk with me. But I returned, and asked God, Please let them welcome me into their midst. And if I should meet another writer--so much the better, Lord.

God answered that prayer. They invited me to a French-themed pot luck supper & movie night on Saturday. One lady asked me to sit with her during the worship service. And lo and behold ...

Yes, I met a writer! Who is also a musician. Out of a church of 1200, in a class of 12 people, I met another writer. She invited me to her local group, and we've made arrangements to go to a Toastmasters meeting on Friday night. Fridays, yay! When I always feel at odds and ends.

Thank you, God, for leading me. Amen.

1 comment:

Tami said...

YAY! What a blessing! :)