To become a follower to Darlene's blog, click on the "follow" tab at the very bottom of the screen.

Monday, July 5, 2010

BOOKS IN REVIEW: JUNE

Winners of books from June:
  • Steph and Pat won The Gunsmith's Gallantry by Susan Page Davis.
  • Karen won A Tailor-Made Bride by Karen Witemeyer.
  • Debbie Lynn and CJ won a copy of one of my books.

New drawing starts in July. Every time you leave a comment you enter the drawing again. Giveaways include 1 of my books for every 15 comments as well as Love Finds You in Calico, California by Elizabeth Ludwig and 2 copies of Crimson Cypher by Susan Page Davis. Check out their interviews later this week.

My reading quotient was a little down this month. I've already talked with you about U is for Undertow by Sue Grafton, because of the uncanny coincidence in my own life. As a mystery fan, I have long enjoyed Grafton's books. I also read several never-before-encountered mystery authors, but none that left me gasping for more.

My favorite book of the month has to be Love's Pursuit by Siri Mitchell. Set in Puritan New England, it's a powerful story of God's love and grace in a society that valued perfection. I'm so glad I took a chance on this gem! One of those books that makes me groan as a writer and hope to write my heart as powerfully as she does hers.

My book, Prodigal Patruit, releases this month, and I'm the guest blogger on several websites this month. All month long you can find me at http://rhondasfeaturedauthors.blogspot.com/. Stop by an leave a comment for a free book drawing.

Happy post-independence Day to everyone! Can you believe I only realized yesterday that the timing of the release of Prodigal Patriot was intentional? When else would they release my Revolutionary War story but in time for Independence Day?!

1 comment:

Kameko said...

Hope you Independence Day was a good one! I am eager for the "Prodigal Patriot" to be released so I can read it. I've not read any of Sue Grafton's books, but have been reading about her newest one "U" a lot lately. Love's Pursuit by Siri Mitchell sounds like a book I would enjoy reading, so I think I'll be adding it to my growing to be read list!

Blessings!
Beverly
bgrider2@cox.net